Click here to subscribe to the City's calendar via RSS.
Please read our calendar listing guidelines here.
Veterans Memorial Senior Center-YMCA Project- Workshop 1
- Date: 01/17/2018 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Veterans Memorial Senior Center
1455 Madison Ave
Redwood City, California 94061
Workshop #1 – Kick-Off Open House, Gallery Walk, Information Stations
The Veterans Memorial Senior Center facility and YMCA facility at Palm Park are aging and will require future improvements to meet Redwood City’s changing needs. The joint project is designed to enhance the community's fitness, wellness, and recreational resources. After much community discussion about whether to rebuild or renovate, a decision has been made to rebuild and re-imagine these facilities. The revised design proposal will provide better integration of the new facilities within Red Morton Park, preserving valued open green space.
The workshops are intended to be open house style and will offer the community an informational setting to share thoughts and concerns about the project.
The series of workshops include:*
- Workshop #1: January 17, 6-8 p.m. –Kick-Off Open House, Gallery Walk, Information Stations
- Workshop #2: January 31, 6-8 p.m. –Design Collaboration Charrette (Site Planning)
- Workshop #3: February 22, 6-8 p.m. –Design Collaboration Charrette (Project Design)
*All meetings will be held in the Redwood Room of the Veterans Memorial Senior Center
All are welcome! For more info visit our project page, here.