Calendar · Newsletters · Events  
About the City Business Government Residents Departments Online Services
City Attorney Redwood City, California
     Home » City Attorney » Frequently Asked Questions

Charter City

Organizational Chart



Frequently Asked Questions


Can the City Attorney represent a Redwood City resident in a legal matter?


No. The City Attorney cannot provide legal advice or represent a private citizen. The City Attorney represents the City Council and all departments in all legal matters. View resources


How do I file a claim against the City of Redwood City?


Claim forms and instructions are available online and from the City Clerk’s Office, (650)780-7220, 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, California 94063. Claim Form


How long do I have to file a claim?


Generally the claim must be filed with the City Clerk’s Office within six (6) months from the date of the incident but you should consult with an attorney to determine the applicable deadline.


Once a claim is filed what happens next?


The claim will be forwarded to the City’s Third Party Administrator for investigation and resolution.


Where can I file a small claims court action?


Superior Court of California
San Mateo County
400 County Center Road
Redwood City, CA 94063
San Mateo County Superior Court


Who can I contact to help me with a specific problem in my neighborhood?


Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center (650) 513-0330.


Where can I find a signed copy of an agreement, resolution, or ordinance?


The Office of the City Clerk maintains records of official documents. You may contact their Office at (650) 780-7220


How do I obtain a copy of a public record in Redwood City?


To review or receive a copy of a public record you must first make a request to the City Clerk’s Department or to the City Department that has the records you are requesting. See California Public Records Act for additional information. Gov't Code §§ 6250-6276.48


Where can I find the Municipal Code?


A link to the Municipal Code, City Charter and other public document achieved can be found on the website under the Government tab.


How do I report a potential Redwood City Code violation?


You may contact the Code Enforcement Division of the Building, Infrastructure & Transportation at (650)780–7350.


What department handles issues related to traffic signals, stop signs, overflowing sewer lines, sidewalks, trees and street maintenance?

















HomeCareersCalendarContact UsSitemapFollow Us  

Logo 2012 City of Redwood City
Terms of Service | Comments and Suggestions
1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City 94063 | 650-780-7000