WELCOME TO BUILDING INSPECTION DIVISION
Building Community Together!
(You can search for permits and parcel information, check plan review results, and schedule or view inspections online through E-Trakit!)
HOW ARE WE DOING?
Please take this short survey by clicking the link below:
Building & Safety Customer Satisfaction Survey
LATEST UPDATES (updated January 31, 2013):
Starting February 1, 2013, the City Building Inspectors will no longer be performing the following inspections; it is the responsibility of the builder to self-certify the accuracy of their work.
- Sheetrock fastening/screw inspections for non-rated interior walls. Note: this would not include shower/bath room compartments;
- All residential roof top “roofing” inspections, i.e., roof nailing and roof in-progress;
- Residential and commercial sewer lines, beyond the property line, i.e., city side walk;
- Wall, floor and ceiling insulation - applicant to provide installers certification of placement at project final;
Additionally, we will be altering/changing the way we perform the following inspections:
- Roof top PV systems will now be inspected from the ground only;
- New pool placements will now have the following inspections only:
- and pre-plaster. Pre-plaster inspections will include review/confirmation of required barriers/gates, and house alarms.
The Building Inspection Division is responsible for four major functions within the Community Development Department
-PERMIT PROCESSING AND COUNTER SERVICE:
Our goal is to provide fast, courteous, efficient permit processing, and information at one central location in City Hall