Calendar · Newsletters · Events  
About the City Business Government Residents Departments Online Services
Infrastructure Redwood City, California
     Home » Building, Infrastructure, and Transportation » Infrastructure » Frequently Asked Questions

Engineering Standards

Data & Maps

Permits & Forms

Fees & Charges


Prevailing Wages



Frequently Asked Questions


How can I locate my property line?

In order to look up property lines you must come to the Maps and Records counter at City Hall. Block Books, Assessor Maps and Subdivision Maps are available to determine the dimensions of your property. For exact property line location, you may be required to hire a surveyor.


How can I find out about utilities?

Utilities include water lines, sewer lines, and storm drain. Our block books contain schematic information indicating sizes and approximate locations of the utilities. Maps are available at the Maps and Records counter at City Hall.


What's the process to repair my driveway/sidewalk?

Permit for Construction of Sidewalk Curb and Gutter


How can I get an aerial photo?

At the Maps and Records counter, there is an index of the entire city. There you can determine which tile applies to your specific area and request a print out at a charge. For archive photos, you may call the Local History Room at the Main Library at 780-7030.


How do I find out my flood zone?

We have FEMA maps available at the Maps and Records counter at City Hall or call 780.7368 for your flood zone information. You can also visit

Click here for information on FEMA's Flood Insurance Rate Maps.


How do I add an address to my building?

To add a mailing address, you must submit a written request to the Building Department explaining the reason for the addition. You can either fax the letter to 650.780.7348 or mail it to Attn: Building Department, City Hall, 1017 Middlefield Rd. Redwood City, CA 94063. If approved, you will receive a confirmation letter.



CareersCalendarContact UsSitemapFollow Us  

Logo © Copyright 1996-2012 City of Redwood City
Terms of Service | General Comments/Suggestions | Website Comments/Suggestions
City Hall, 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, 94063
Unless otherwise noted, all phone numbers are in area code 650.