"College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step"
Thursday, February 21, 2013, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Woodside Performing Arts Center (PAC)
Join us for an evening filled with expert advice on the college admission process! Christine VanDeVelde is the co-author of College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step. Co-written by Robin Mamlet, former admission dean at Stanford, Swarthmore, and Sarah Lawrence, College Admission is the ultimate user’s manual and go-to guide for any student or family approaching the college application process. Featuring the wise counsel of more than 50 deans of admission, no other guide has such thorough, expert compassionate, and professional advice.
You'll get clear, comprehensive, and expert answers to all your college admission questions:
• The role of extracurricular activities
• What it means to find a college that's the "right fit"
• What's more important: high grades or tough courses
• What role does testing play
• The best candidates for early admission
• When help from parents is too much help
• Advice for athletes, artists, international students, and those with learning differences
• How wait lists work
• Applying for financial aid
Ticket registration: http://woodsidecollegeadmission.eventbrite.com/
Woodside Parent Education Series events are FREE and sponsored by the Woodside PTSA and the Sequoia Healthcare District.