Calendar · Newsletters · Events  
About the City Business Government Residents Departments Online Services
City Clerk Redwood City, California
     Home » City Clerk » Frequently Asked Questions

City Council Services provided by the City Clerk

City Council and Public Participation (brochure)

Elections (prior)

Voter and Election Information

Advisory Boards, Commissions, and Committees Recruitment

Passport Acceptance Services

Other Services provided by the City Clerk


City Council

City Council Agendas

Document Archives



Frequently Asked Questions


When will the agenda be ready?


The agenda for the City Council meetings is available the Friday before the Council meeting. Click here for more information.


When are the City Council meetings held?


The City Council typically meets two times a month, on the second and fourth Mondays, at 7:00 p.m. These meetings are held in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA and are open to the public. Click here to verify upcoming meetings.


Are the City Council Meetings televised?


Meetings are televised live to Redwood City residents on RCN Cable Channel 26 and Comcast Cable Channel 27.


How can I find out what's on the agenda?


Agendas are posted and available at City Hall, the main library, and at the Office of the City Clerk. You may also view the agendas online. You can receive the agendas via e-mail at no charge.


Are DVDs or web streams of the Council Meeting available?


Yes, DVDs can be purchased through the Office of the City Clerk at $1.00 per DVD. The council meetings are also available online at no charge here via a Quicktime web stream.


Is there a booklet that describes the city's organization, its departments and facilities, the City Council members, and advisory boards?


Yes, the City Roster is updated annually online under other services by the Office of the City Clerk.


How can I get a copy of City Council resolutions/minutes/agreements/recorded documents?


Many of these documents are available complimentary online via WebLink. You may also call the Office of the City Clerk at (650) 780-7220 to request a copy of a document (available for pick-up at the cost of $.75 for the first page and $.35 for each additional page) or help with the Redwood City Document Archives.


A city tree fell on my automobile causing damage in the amount of $800.00. What can I do?


A claim against the City can be filed at the Office of the City Clerk, located at 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA. For further instructions and to obtain a claim form, see the FInance Department's Claims Processing Page.


Questions regarding:

  • birth certificates
  • death certificates
  • marriage licenses
  • small claims court
  • traffic court
  • jury duty
  • property boundries

Please contact the County of San Mateo at (650) 363-4000.




HomeCareersCalendarContact UsSitemapFollow Us  

Logo 2012 City of Redwood City
Terms of Service | Comments and Suggestions
1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City 94063 | 650-780-7000