The environmental phase of the project is complete.
Please contact Paul Krupka, the City's Project Manager, email@example.com or 650.504.2299 if you have any questions or comments about the project.
Click here if you would like to sign up to receive eNews updates about the 101/Woodside Interchange project.
The City of Redwood City, in cooperation with the California Department of Transportation and the San Mateo County Transportation Authority, is proposing to reconstruct the Route 101/84 (Woodside Road) interchange. The purpose of the project is to relieve existing and future traffic congestion, and to improve traffic safety and vehicular access to and from Route 101 and SR 84 (Woodside Road). The goals include improving highway operations, reducing associated congestion on Redwood City streets, removing barriers to non-motorized travel, and minimizing impacts on nearby businesses. The project proposes to modify the on- and off-ramp configuration at the interchange and adjacent local intersections to improve traffic flow, increase safety, and better accommodate pedestrian and bicycle access across Route 101.
The City hired a consultant team led by URS to conduct the Project Approval & Environmental Document (PA & ED) phase of the project. This began in late 2013 and included data gathering and mapping, development and implementation of a community outreach process, traffic analysis of existing and future conditions, definition and evaluation of geometric improvement alternatives, and environmental analysis. It will conclude with development of the Draft Project Report and IS/EA, a public review process, and preparation and approval of final versions of these documents.
The following points present the project schedule, which is predicated on prompt delivery, review and approval of interim products and development of a funding plan.
- PA&ED - Completion and Approval of Preliminary Design, Technical Studies, and Environmental Review: 2016
- Plans, Specifications & Estimates (PS&E) - Final Design and Preparation of Construction Documents: 2017 - 2020
- Right of Way - Right of Way Engineering, Appraisals and Acquisition: 2017 - 2020
- Construction: 2020 - 2023
Additional community engagement meetings will be scheduled in 2017. Stay tuned for updates.
Current Project Information
- Technical Documents
- Community Meetings
- April 28, 2016 Public Meeting presentation
- Flyers for 4-28-16 Public Meeting on the DED: English / Español
- Environmental Scoping Meeting Overview
- Scoping Meeting Presentation video (no audio)
- Alternatives video (no audio)
- Fall/Winter 2014 Fact Sheet (English and Spanish)
- Community Meeting #2 summary
- Video of July 29, 2014 presentation (no audio)
- Summer 2014 Fact Sheet English Spanish
- Community Meeting #1 summary
- March 31, 2014 presentation
- Spring 2014 Fact Sheet English Spanish
- Final Report-US 101/SR 84 Interchange Alternative Analysis Study
- Project Study Report – Route101/SR 84 Interchange (August 2000)
- Supplemental Project Study Report – Route 101/SR 84 Interchange (May 2006)
- Existing Conditions – Route 101/SR 84 Interchange PR/ED (January 2007)
- Route 101/SR 84 Interchange – PR/ED Traffic Projections Report (January 2007)
- Operational Analysis of Route 101/SR 84 Interchange Alternatives (October 2007)
Paul Krupka, P.E.