The Redwood City Public Library is accepting submissions of comics to include in an anthology. The anthology will be published both digitally and in-print, and will be made available on the library’s website as well as within the collection itself.
In honor of the 150th Redwood City Anniversary, we encourage a “Redwood City" theme within your comics. This can include, but is not limited to: buildings, people, activities, places, etc.
- What: A comic anthology made up of your very own comics—with a touch of Redwood City flair!
- Who: This anthology is open to anyone willing to participate.
- Where: Preferred submission is electronic format, email to: email@example.com.
Subject line should include: “Build-a-Comic Anthology,” OR submit a hard copy to the front desk.
- Why: To celebrate Redwood City’s 150th birthday!
- How: Create 1 – 5 pages of your own original comics, return a signed Comic Anthology Release Form, and submit your comics electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org OR turn in a hard copy to the Downtown Library front desk.
Size: 8.5" x 11" File format: PDF, .jpg or .png
- Deadline: Please submit all comics by Sunday August 20, 2017.
All participants will receive a copy of the anthology to keep!
This project was supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.