Our Vision is Building a GREAT Community Together.
The mission of the Redwood City Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department is to:
- Enhance the quality of life in Redwood City by becoming the leading provider of recreation and leisure opportunities
- Provide safe, inviting and beautifully maintained parks and facilities
- Create safe, inviting, and fun public spaces
- Provide arts, culture and entertainment opportunities
- Be person-focused and responsive that reflect we care about a community of all ages
Community of All Ages
Our most important task is to provide people of all ages in our community great public spaces and outstanding programs that give them great reasons to stay and play for a lifetime.
Best Deal in Town
We prioritize quality in our programs and accountability in our fiscal management to provide excellent and affordable recreation that invites everyone to come out and play.
Built to Last
We use our capital to renew our aging infrastructure and leverage partnerships that produce new parks and facilities that are forward-thinking and world class.
We support innovation and welcome new ideas. We believe that professionalism, communication, technology, and team work serve as the foundation for great customer service and a productive workplace. Like our overall City Values, our Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department Team believes in Excellence, Integrity, Creativity, and Service.