OFF-LEASH DOG AREA RESTRICTIONS DUE TO SUMMER CAMPS
The off-leash lower area (amphitheater / creek) will be closed from June 19 through August 11, 2017 during the times listed below. Please use upper trail only. Dogs are still welcome on-leash in the park.
Welcome to Stulsaft Park's Limited Off-Leash Area!
Stulsaft Park is the City's largest park at 42 acres. Due to numerous public requests for allowing dogs off leash within the park, the City now allows for an off-leash trail within the park. The trail is clearly marked with signs and we need your help following rules for the safety and enjoyment for all.
It's important to note that per City Ordinance 25.2.05.C, that no one is allowed to bring no more than 3 dogs into a park at a time. This rule is strictly enforced and citations are issued.
Before you bring your dog to the off-leash area:
Visit without your dog, preferably at several different times of day, to get a feel for the park, and the kinds of crowds you may encounter.
Know your dog! It is not advisable to bring a dog to a park during your first days or weeks together; give yourself time to know your dog’s behaviors, limitations, and mastery of commands.
Gradually socialize your dog. Taking your dog immediately to such an exciting setting could
adversely affect a shy dog. Start with a more disciplined arena like a training class,
or supervised interactions on-leash with another dog. Once they’re comfortable with
this, introduce one-on-one off-leash interactions. If does well, allow off-leash interactions
with other dogs.
- Always be on a leash outside the park gates and outside the designated off-leash boundaries- including the gravel parking lot at Recreation Way and Goodwin.
- When off-leash, stay within the designated off-leash boundaries.
- Have a current license and rabies vaccination.
- Demonstrate appropriate social interaction; dogs displaying aggressive behavior toward people or other dogs must be leashed and removed from the area immediately.
- Comply with posted off-leash rules.
- Pick up and dispose of your dog's waste in an appropriate receptacle.
- Carry a leash for each dog in your care.
- Bring no more than 3 dogs to the park.
- Remain in the off-leash area to supervise your dog, keep in view, and under verbal control at all times.
- Comply with all other park rules.