The VMSC has many different fitness classes styles for you to choose from.
|Drop-In Fitness|||||Fitness Classes|||||Adaptive PE||||| Sequoia Hospital's Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
M, W, Th, F 8:00am-8:30pm
The Drop-In Fitness Room has treadmills, stair climbers, Nordic-track, exercise bicycles, a universal weight station and free weights. The wall mounted TV and friendly environment make this exercise program a breeze. This is an unsupervised room. Membership is limited to individuals 50 years or older. Please follow steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 below to become a member:
- Pick up forms at the Senior Annex or download below and fill out the Drop-In Fitness Registration Form, Liability Waiver and Emergency Data Form.
- Get a Dr.’s signature on the form.
- Sign up for the one-time introductory class. Schedule is available in the Annex. (Cost included in membership).
- Attend class, turn in completed forms to instructor, and purchase your new membership card for $100/$50 a year (62+). Make checks payable to Senior Center Fund.
- You will be required to take a member's refresher class upon membership renewal.
- The introductory and refresher classes are scheduled monthly, but are subject to cancellation if enrollment is insufficient.
Please help us with our scheduling by signing up for these classes at least a week in advance. If you would like further information, please call (650) 823-1225 leave your name, number and a detailed message.
- Membership must be renewed annually, which requires filling out all the forms, attending a refresher course and making payment.
While Drop-in-Fitness is for an individual workout, the VMSC also offers an array of fitness classes taught by and instructors in a group setting. Click here to visit a listing of ongoing Fitness Classes
The Adaptive Physical Education program began in 1989 and was originally sponsored through Cañada College. The Veterans Memorial Senior Center has generously provided use of classroom space located in the Community Wellness Building for over 20 years. Benefits of this program include cardiovascular fitness, strength training, flexibility, balance, and coordination with an emphasis on improving mobility, independence and quality of life. Instructors will design and implement individualized exercise programs for all students. Personal fitness goals will be evaluated periodically. The students give one another support, encouragement, and friendship.
Download the Adaptive Physical Education class information below.
| DOWNLOAD ADAPTIVE PE INFO
Do you ever find yourself saying, "I wish I could do more, but I get too short of breath."? Would you like to know how you can enjoy life more fully? Do you know how you can take an active role in the successful management of your chronic lung disease? We Can Help You Breathe Easier
Sequoia Hospital's Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program can help you understand and cope with chronic lung disease and function more comfortably and independently at home.
|Sequoia Hospital's Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program|
|Weekdays: 8:30am - 5pm|
|Phone: (650) 367-5550 | Fax: (650) 367-5887|