- FREE Sustainability Webinar Series by the County Office of Sustainability, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, select Thursdays through May 2017
- Peninsula Clean Energy Community Meeting, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm on March 7th, featuring a presentation from Home Upgrade
- FREE Landscape Class "Gardening with Succulents," featuring Home Upgrade and Peninsula Clean Energy, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM on Saturday, March 18
- Adapt to Rising Tides webinar, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm on Thursday, March 23rd
- FREE Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off event on Saturday, March 25th
Climate Action Plan
Redwood City's environmental programs, developed as part of our Climate Action Plan process, are designed to improve the sustainability of our community and to reduce our citywide greenhouse gas emissions by addressing the major emissions areas: Energy, Transportation, Water, and Waste. Our current Climate Action Plan, adopted by the City Council on Earth Day, April 22, 2013, is a roadmap to help us meet our environmental goals for 2020.
Together as a community, we can conserve energy and water, reduce our transportation emissions, cut down on waste, improve our carbon footprint, and take positive action to promote sustainability in our community.
In 2016, the Institute for Local Government and the Statewide Energy Efficiency Collaborative honored the City of Redwood City with a Beacon Spotlight Award for the City’s effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy in municipal facilities and operations. Along with reducing agency natural gas usage by 8%, the City qualified for the following award:
- Gold Spotlight Award for 11% agency energy savings
The award was presented on October 6th, 2016 during the League of California Cities Annual Conference in Long Beach. In addition, the City still holds a Silver Level Beacon Award for its 2015 achievements:
- Platinum Spotlight Award for Sustainability Best Practices
- Platinum Spotlight Award for 20% agency GHG reduction
- Silver Spotlight Award for 8% community GHG reduction
- Silver Spotlight Award for 8% agency energy savings
- Silver Spotlight Award for 7% natural gas savings