Redwood City is excited to offer the Water and Sewer Rate Assistance Program (WSRAP) to qualifying utility rate payers. Eligibility is based on household income and qualifying applicants will receive a credit around $20 on their utility bill.
WSRAP is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Key factors of the program are listed below.
- WSRAP is offered based on calendar year (January - December).
- Applicants may apply at any time throughout the year. However, applications are approved contingent on availability of funds.
- Applicants must reapply annually and/or if there is a change of address.
- Applicants must notify the City within thirty (30) days if applicant becomes ineligible for the program.
- Assistance is not transferable with property or applicant.
- Applicant's gross household income must not exceed San Mateo County's 30% adjusted median income limits.
- Applicant must receive a Redwood City utility bill in the applicant's name and currently reside at the address to which rate assistance is being requested.
- Applicant must provide required verification documentation with the application.
Complete the application form. Forms are available online and at the Public Works Services office at 1400 Broadway Street.
|Provide copies of all requested documents along with the completed application. For your protection, please black out your Social Security and bank account numbers on all copies of documents.|
Mail or deliver all items to:
Email all items to: email@example.com
How much is the utility credit?You will receive a monthly credit of $5 for each service you receive from the City. If you receive both water and sewer service, your monthly credit will be $10, for a total of $20 per billing period. If you receive only water or only sewer service, your monthly credit will be $5, for a total of $10 per billing period.
Can I apply if my utility bill is in another family member's name?If that family member currently resides at the address you are requesting rate assistance for, you may apply. You must provide proof of household income which includes that family member.
What counts as income?Total gross household income is all revenues, from all household members, from whatever sources derived including but not limited to: wages, salaries and other employment-related compensation, interest, dividends, spousal and child support payments, public assistance payments, Social Security and pensions, rental income, income for self-employment, and all employment related non-cash income.
Do I have to reapply once I am approved?You must reapply for rate assistance each calendar year (January - December). You may apply for the program at any time throughout the year. However, applications are accepted and processed in the order received and approved contingent on availability of funds.