755 Marshall Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
Opened in May of 1987
After the Coalinga Earthquake in 1984, an engineering study found
the fire station at 1044 Middlefield Road to be substandard (presently
the Main Library). At the time, it was said that the only thing
holding the building up were the termites holding hands. The fire
suppression crews were quickly moved to temporary buildings in a
parking lot on Franklin Street, in front of what is now the Sequoia
Station Safeway store. In the meantime, a new fire station was designed
and built. The new fire station at 755 Marshall Street was dedicated
on June 15, 1987.
A piece of Redwood City’s history resides in front of Station
9, a cast metal bell, once used to call the Volunteer Firemen to
duty. On June 6, 1864, the Redwood City Volunteer Fire Department
paid $184.25 for the bell. No one is sure just when the bell sounded
the call for the last time, but it rests in a place of honor, less
than 200 feet from the site of the first Redwood City Fire Station
at what is now Marshall and Main.
Station 9 houses the Department’s Administrative Staff and Fire Prevention Bureau on the third floor. The first and second floors house the Suppression Crews: Engine 9, Truck 9, Breathing Support 9, and Battalion 3. Station 9 also houses the Alternate Emergency Operations Center for the City of Redwood City and the Alternate Fire Dispatch Center for San Mateo County Communications. This busy fire station attracts eager, dedicated fire fighting crewmembers.
2190 Jefferson Ave.
Redwood City, CA 94061
Opened in March 1982
Dedicated March 20, 1982, Station 10 is two stories with a storage loft. Four bedrooms are
on the 2nd floor, with separate bathroom facilities for men and
women. Originally this station was Redwood City Fire Department Station 2. After a county-wide numbering system was put into practice Station 2 became Station 10. The district Station 10 responds to first is bordered by El Camino
Real to the East, Alameda de las Pulgas to the West, Woodside
to the South and Edgewood Road to the north. This is the largest
geographical district in the City. Station 10 is staffed with a captain, a firefighter and
a firefighter/paramedic. Station 10 houses Engine 10 and Reserve Engine 110.
1091 Second Ave.
Redwood City, CA 94063-4049
Opened September 1952
Station #11 originally opened as station #3 in 1952 at the
corner of what is now Bay & 2nd Avenue. At the time, there
were very few houses in the district and the streets weren’t
Due to seismic concerns, that station was demolished in 2001
and the new Station #11 was opened in January 2001 just down
the street at the corner of Broadway and 2nd Avenue. Station
#11’s district is roughly bordered by Woodside Road,
Marsh Road, Middlefield Road and East Bayshore. The district
also borders Menlo Park and Atherton, where mutual aid is
provided. District #11 has a variety of different buildings
that we protect including commercial, industrial, retail,
residential and three elementary schools. US 101 also runs
through the district.
Station 11 is staffed with a captain, a firefighter and a firefighter/paramedic. Station 11 houses Engine 11, Utility 11, and Boat 11. Boat 11 is an inflatable
20 ft. Zodiac. Station 11 also has a 1926 antique Seagrave pumper. It is used during the year for
activities such as the 4th of July parade and chauffeuring
Santa Claus around town during the holidays.
3700 Jefferson Ave.
Redwood City, CA 94062
Opened September 1969
Fire Station 12 was dedicated on Sept. 21, 1969 as Station
4 by the Redwood City Council and Fire Chief Joseph Lodi (see
history). Chief Lodi was Redwood City Fire Department's
second paid Fire Chief. At this time, the building on the
site is the oldest fire station in Redwood City and was the
fourth fire station built for the paid Redwood City Fire Department.
Located at the top of Highland at Jefferson, the station grounds
are graced with an impressive old black oak tree. Station
12 has a magnificent view of the south end of the San Francisco
Bay and its surrounding communities. Station 12 is staffed with a captain, a firefighter and
a firefighter/paramedic. Station 12 houses Engine 12 and Patrol 12.
525 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
Station 13 is staffed with a captain, a firefighter, and a firefighter/paramedic. Station 13 houses Engine 13.
1280 Alameda De Las Pulgas
San Carlos, CA 94070
Station 16 is staffed with a captain, a firefighter and a firefighter/paramedic. Station 16 houses Engine 16.
680 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
Opened March 17th 1998
Station 20 opened in May of 1998. Serving the citizens
of Redwood City from its first due area of Redwood
Shores. Within Station 20’s district
is Sandpiper School and Community Center as well as the home
of Electronic Arts and Oracle Corporation.
Station 20 is staffed with a captain, a firefighter and a firefighter/paramedic. Station 20 houses Engine 20, Reserve Engine 120 and Boat 20. Boat 20 is a small zodiac boat for rescue purposes in the lagoons and waterways surrounding Redwood Shores.