Let's Build a Great Community Together!
The City of Redwood City wants to help you help your neighborhood! We've partnered with the Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center (PCRC) to create a new Neighborhood Liaison program. Neighborhood Liaisons are individuals who have great ideas for building community in their neighborhoods and they work with others to bring these ideas to life.
Some examples of liaison projects include:
- Block parties
- Emergency preparedness
- Neighborhood watch
- Energy and water conservation
- Community service
- And more
Neighborhood liaisons truly help us fulfill our core purpose to build a great community together in Redwood City!
What does it mean to be a Neighborhood Liaison?
- You'll participate in training workshops (led by PCRC) to strengthen your community-building and leadership skills
- You'll plan neighborhood gatherings to learn about shared hopes and concerns
- You'll work with neighbors to resolve neighborhood issues, develop and implement projects, and plan events or other community-building efforts
- You'll learn about available City programs and resources and be a bridge for communication between the City and your neighborhood.
Benefits to Your Neighborhood
- You'll get to know your neighbors, their hopes and dreams, and what they want to see in their community
- You'll be able to communicate to the City about neighborhood issues, and receive assistance with projects and conflict resolution
- You'll get to organize projects that help your community—such as block parties, neighborhood watch, or community clean-up days!
There are many city resources that neighbors can use when they’re self-organizing. The City can:
- provide a gathering place or meeting room
- offer coaching by PCRC to help plan meetings
- help publicize and promote your neighborhood project or activity
- offer a grant program that will help offset costs of neighborhood improvement projects
Simply identify an area in your
neighborhood – from just a few houses to the whole block,
or more - and you can be a self-starting Neighborhood Liaison! For more information or assistance, contact Cindy Marroquin at (650) 513-0330 x351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.