Archived News Release from 2006
For Immediate Release
FREE Live Music All Summer
Redwood City, CA - June 12, 2006
- Redwood City’s three famous and fabulous FREE summer concert series are gearing up to bring top-quality local and national musical performers to the community. From rock, blues, Celtic, and swing, to Latin, salsa, jazz, blues, country, and more, these free concerts are a great way to spend a balmy summer evening in beautiful Redwood City. More detail is available at redwoodcity.org/parks. Click on the links below for the schedules.
First, starting June 16th “Live in Downtown” takes place Friday evenings from 6 to 8 pm in the City Center Plaza, right next to City Hall at 1017 Middlefield Road, across the street from the Downtown Library.
- June 16, Fred McCarty & Company – Country
- June 23, Big Rain - Rock, Funk & Blues Crossover
- June 30, Daddy-O - Rock and Roll
- July 7, Dave Crimmen – Rockabilly
- July 14, Wally's Swing World - Modern Swing
- July 21, Busta Groove - Dance Hits from the 70s, 80s and 90s
- July 28, Take 2 - Hits from the 70s to today
- August 4, Emily Lord - Adult Contemporary
- August 11, Ben Marcato and his Mondo Combo - Rockin' Swing
- August 18, Cool Jerks - Motown + Big Band
- August 25, Nite Cry - Blues, Rock & Soul
- September 1, Jackie Payne & Steve Edmonson - Big Blues Sound
- September 8, Aja Vu - Steely Dan Tribute Band
The 2006 Summer Concert Series at Stafford Park is a great place to bring the family to enjoy free liv e music in a beautiful park setting at the corner of King Street and Hopkins Avenue. The concerts take place Wednesday evenings from 6 to 8 pm in Stafford Park starting on June 28th:
- June 28, California Cowboys - Country
- July 5, Zydeco Flames - Zydeco
- July 12, Molly's Revenge - Celtic
- July 19, Pure Ecstasy - Motown, R & B
- July 26, Double Funk Crunch - Disco, the Hits and More!
- August 2, Garage Band - 40s to Today
- August 9, Orquesta d'Sol - Salsa, Latin
- August 16, Sun Kings - Beatles Tribute Band
Summer in Redwood Shores means free concerts at Marlin Park! Great jazz, great weather, and a family-friendly atmosphere add up to a wonderful summertime diversion. The entire community is invited to bring blankets and picnics to enjoy these free jazz concerts from 6 - 8 pm at Marlin Park (north end of Cringle Drive, just off of Redwood Shores Parkway):
- June 29, Vocalist Micki Rhyne with the Art Khu Trio
- July 27, Percussionist Jimmy Valencia with his Cool Jazz Quartet
- August 31, Percussionist and internationally acclaimed recording artist Akira Tana and Friends (www.akiratana.com)
The "Jazz Up the Shores" concert series is sponsored by the Redwood Shores Community Association and the Redwood City Civic Cultural Commission.
“Live in Downtown” is presented by the Redwood City Civic Cultural Commission, Redwood City Parks, Recreation and Community Services, and the Redwood City Redevelopment Agency.
The Stafford Park Concert Series is presented by the Port of Redwood City, and sponsored by the Redwood City Civic Cultural Commission, Redwood City Parks, Recreation and Community Services, San Mateo Credit Union, Provident Credit Union, Whole Foods of Redwood City, and Allied Waste Services (formally BFI).
Visit Redwood City’s award-winning website at redwoodcity.org for information about the City and its services, the community, recreation programs, education, City government, and local business. Take a look at the variety of City webcams at redwoodcity.org/webcam, and subscribe to Redwood City’s email newsletter by emailing email@example.com.
Public Communications Manager