Archived News Release from 2007
For Immediate Release
Celebrate Hometown Holidays in Downtown Redwood City - Saturday, December 1!
Redwood City, CA - November 27, 2007 – Parents and children, grandparents and grandkids, and the entire community are all invited to join in and celebrate the holidays Redwood City style at Hometown Holidays! It’s happening downtown this Saturday, December 1st starting at 10 am – everyone can enjoy a day-long event filled with fabulous activities and fun.
This FREE family celebration is a Redwood City tradition! It includes:
- A special holiday boutique
- The incredible, kid-pleasing snow play area
- An ice sculpture demonstration and display
- Live musical entertainment throughout the day
- Santa himself available for photos with kids
- The traditional children’s holiday parade
- Vendor booths and displays
- The annual City Hall tree lighting ceremony and famous evening holiday fireworks spectacular
- And a new addition this year, an outdoor movie night on Courthouse Square, featuring a gigantic screen viewing of the hit movie, “Polar Express.”
All of the details are available at www.hometownholidays.org, including a map of the day’s festivities, or call the Hometown Holidays Hotline at (650) 307-4064. It’s all happening this Saturday, rain or shine! And, anyone wishing to be a part of making Hometown Holidays a great success should consider volunteering for a few hours and help to bring holiday joy to the families of Redwood City. Call (650) 307-4064 to volunteer to be a part of the festivities!
Hometown Holidays is p resented by the Redwood City Downtown Business Group with sponsorship including Redwood City and its Civic Cultural Commission and the Redwood City Redevelopment Agency.
Visit Redwood City’s website at www.redwoodcity.org for information about the City and its services, the community, recreation programs, education, and local business. See the variety of City webcams at www.redwoodcity.org/webcam, and subscribe to Redwood City’s electronic newsletter or other City documents at www.redwoodcity.org/egov.
Public Communications Manager