| Summer 2014 - Digital Catalog!
Flip thorugh our Summer Activity Guide! Enlarge and turn pages, access links to learn more!
| New Online Registration Program
After a decade of being online, we have upgraded to a new online registration system! Everyone will need to create a NEW ACCOUNT for themselves and their family. This program provides more ways to pay, register, share, and is well... a lot prettier! Please keep in mind that this system is new to us too. We ask for a little bit of patience as we get up and running. And don’t worry, we still have our old database handy to look back and help you with any outstanding items or department credits.
You will automatically receive an email after submitting your request for an account. Your account will be activated only after you have responded by clicking on the link provided in the email.
& Credit Policy
- If a class is cancelled by the department, a full refund will be issued (LESS THE $2 ONLINE PROCESSING FEE if registered online).
- CLASS Cancellations made 1 week prior to the class start date will receive a refund less a $5 cancellation fee.(LESS THE $2 ONLINE PROCESSING FEE if registered online)
- Single day workshops are non-refundable 7 days prior to class.
- Students who wish to withdraw from a class less than one week prior to the start date will receive a department credit which may be applied to any future recreation department activity, less the $5 cancellation fee and/or the $2 online processing fee if registered online. SINGLE DAY WORKSHOPS CANNOT BE REFUNDED AT THIS TIME. See separate policy for
Summer Camps and Aquatics
- A $5 per class cancellation fee will be charged for processing refunds for all classes. There is NO REFUND for the $2.00 processing fee charged by ActiveNet when you register online. This fee is collected by the Active Network to offset the costs of providing the service, and is not collected by the City of Redwood City.
- In general, no refunds or credits will be issued after the class begins.
- Students who are dissatisfied with a program for any reason must fill out a Customer Satisfaction Survey prior to receiving a credit so we can make the class better in the future. Credits and refunds will be evaluated on a case by case basis by the program supervisor.
- All refunds & credits must be processed by recreation staff. You may call 650.780.7311 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the process.
This policy applies to our fee based recreation
programs and not to:
Adult sports leagues, building/facility rentals &
fees, food concessions, special events, recreational
(open) swimming, aerobics and fitness passes, trips
and class materials fees.
Any person with a home Redwood City mailing address is considered a resident. A Redwood City P.O. Box or business address will not be taken as proof of residency. A non-resident is someone who lives in another city. Residents pay a discounted rate and get a priority registration start date over non-residents.
The Senior Discounted Fee is no longer applicable to general recreation classes. However, if you are 60 & over and are a resident of Redwood City, you may apply for financial assistance . Classes held directly at the Fair Oaks Community Center and the Veterans Memorial Senior Center do not apply and remain at special rates. If you have a suggestion for classes at the Senior Center, please contact Bruce Utecht at 650.780.7306.
Summer Refund Policy (Camps & Aquatics)