One Marina Development
Approved Property Development Project in Redwood City
Brief Description of Project:
One Marina is a 231 unit waterfront residential project including three community parks, a 14 acre marina basin, a waterfront esplanade along Redwood Creek, an inner village walk, and siting for up to 200 hotel rooms and up to 10,000 square feet of retail use. It's located on a 33-acre property at 650 Bair Island Road.
As part of the project, Bair Island Road has been approved for substantial upgrades including the installation of a new round-a-bout, a two directional separated bike path, a pedestrian sidewalk shaded by street trees and equipped with pedestrian scale lighting.
The project is being built by RC Peninsula Park, LLC.
Status (updated August 9, 2011):
Latest News: Traffic should be shifted onto the rebuilt Bair Island Road in mid- to late-August in a temporary configuration, with completion of the roadway in mid- to late-September.
The first phase of work entails rebuilding a section of Bair Island Road, including a temporary detour. Here is the initial schedule:
- Mobilize equipment – April 1, 2011
- Install 20” water line under Highway 101 – mid-April
- Build a detour south of Bair Island Road at the project site and re-routing traffic onto the detour – by second week of April
- Rebuild existing Bair Island Road (utility placement, improvements/upgrades, etc.) – start by third week of April
- Re-route traffic onto “new” Bair Island Road – this fall, at end of estimated eight months of construction
The construction of the initial set of buildings is expected to commence in mid-2011.
For more information, Redwood City Planning staff can be reached at 650-780-7234. Public information staff of RC Peninsula Park LLC can be reached at 650‐365‐7400.
This informational web page is provided by Redwood City in order to offer the community updated information on this approved development as it moves forward