High-Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate Program
Redwood City partners with PG&E for a rebate program for customers who purchase qualifying,
high-efficiency clothes washing machines. (Note: rebates not available for washing machines using "Active Fresh" or "Silver Ion" technology)
High-efficiency washing machines deliver excellent performance while reducing
water use and energy consumption by up to 50% over conventional top-loading
washers, and require less detergent. The average household can save up
to 5,100 gallons of water and reduce their energy bill by $78 per year.
Saving water and using less detergent also helps keep our Bay water clean
by decreasing the amount of phosphate-laden detergent discharged to the sensitive
Bay ecosystem that supports plants and wildlife.
Redwood City’s residential water customers are eligible for a $50 rebate when they purchase and install a new tier 3 high-efficiency clothes washer (Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) list) or choose from the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2014 list and receive a $200 rebate.
Rebate forms are available at appliance stores in Redwood City and throughout
the Peninsula area where high-efficiency washing machines are sold. When you
purchase your washer, make sure the appliance store completes the application
form for you, and then mail it to the address on the form. You can expect to
get your rebate check in the mail within 12 weeks.
Just go to PG&E's program website for all the details, and an application!
To be eligible, you must meet the following conditions:
- Complete and submit the rebate application. Rebate applications must be postmarked or received online no later than 60 days after purchase date.
- A Redwood City water customer must purchase the washer.
- The washer must be installed in a Redwood City water customer residence
prior to applying for the rebate.
- The washer must be new and purchased at a retail price.
- The washer must remain in the customer’s household for at least six months.
- Rebates not available for washing machines using "Active Fresh" or "Silver Ion" technology.
Rebates are limited to one per household. Resale or lease/rental units
are ineligible. Redwood City reserves the right to verify eligibility
and installation of the clothes washer.