Click here to subscribe to the City's calendar via RSS.
Please read our calendar listing guidelines here.
FREE! Master Resource Conservation Course
- Date: 02/08/2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
MASTER RESOURCE CONSERVATION COURSE
The Sustainability Academy’s Master Resource Conservation Course is a no-cost 8-week, in-class course that will provide you with in-depth knowledge of the following sustainability topics:
- Climate change
- Sea level rise
- Energy efficiency and conservation
- Water efficiency and conservation
- Solid waste management
- Other basic sustainability topics
- Communication, leadership, and instruction skills you can use to teach others about sustainability
THE GOAL OF THIS COURSE
- HAVE FUN – Make friends and new connections with a common interest, and join us for Academy volunteer appreciation events!
- GET INVOLVED – Learn cutting-edge resource conservation techniques and theory from local sustainability experts, and learn what you can do to empower yourself and others to promote these activities.
- GIVE BACK – Educate your friends, neighbors, kids, teachers, and community on the value of conserving resources!
IMPORTANT COURSE ELEMENTS
- After the completion of the course, we require that you volunteer 40 hours of your time using the skills that you learned in the class to promote sustainability in your communities. Volunteering can be completed with the Office of Sustainability, with a third-party organization, or with a DIY creative project. All volunteering must be completed in San Mateo County within one year of course completion.
- For those participants that attend and complete at least seven out of eight of the course’s classes, you will each get a “goodie bag” full of fun and useful resource conserving tools that you can use at home and at work, as a congratulatory gift for successfully completing the course!
- Once you complete both the course and the required volunteer hours, you will receive a certificate of completion as recognition of your commitment to sustainability and your community.
- You must be 14 years or older to attend the classes.
- Priority will be given to San Mateo County community members, specifically those who live, work and go to school in San Mateo County.
- If you need ADA accommodations, please contact us at least five (5) business days prior to the first class you will be attending.
The course will be led by Laura McKaughan with Envirolutions Consulting with guest speakers, Jessica Coe with Cascadia and other experts in the industry.
February 8th – March 29th, 2018
Thursdays, 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Exact dates of the classes in beginning 2018 are Thursdays: 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, and 3/29/2018.
455 County Center, Room 405, 4th Floor, Redwood City, CA
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THIS MASTER COURSE?
Please fill out and submit an online application. The Academy’s Coordinator will contact you soon after reviewing your application and eligibility for the course. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MasterRCCourse2018