Online - Make Your Own Mask With Recycled Fabrics
- Date: 06/23/2020 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Instructor Lanajean Vecchione will demonstrate how to use sustainable sewing practices to create cloth face coverings. No sewing machine required: this workshop emphasizes hand-sewing techniques.
Please RSVP for a required Zoom login to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Register by June 16 to reserve a hand sewing kit containing needles, pins, ruler, and elastic pieces, while supplies last. Kits can be picked up from the Downtown Library on June 20 and June 23.
Recommended class materials:
- Hand sewing needles
- Pins (straight pins and safety pins)
- Basic sewing thread
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Ribbon or elastic straps: 2 x 6” for over-ear elastic design; 2 x 10” for behind-the-head elastic design
- Nose bridge pieces (e.g. twist ties from bread or flower bouquets; floral wire; top of coffee bag)
- 2-3 rectangular pieces of cotton or cotton-blend fabric: 10”x 12” or 8” x 10”
Sponsored by Friends of the Library Bookstore
Contact: Fiona Potter