Some larger project specifications and plans can be purchased from Barker Blue, while others will only be available on this web page.
Check this web page regularly for any addendum for projects.
Go here to view closed bids and proposals.
Sign up for eNotifications here.
Redwood City Automated Parking Guidance System (APGS) and Wayfinding RFP
- Department:Community Development
- RFP Number:ENG20-06
- Start Date:02/18/2020 11:57 AM
- Close Date:04/10/2020 3:00 PM
The City of Redwood City is soliciting proposals from interested and qualified firms, vendors and/or contractors to furnish an Automated Parking Guidance System (APGS) for its downtown. The system will cover the installation of the system at nine (9) public and one (1) private parking facilities located throughout Downtown Redwood City. Of these facilities, seven (7) are City-owned surface lots which currently have no occupancy counting and are to have APGS’s newly installed. Three (3) of these facilities (two City-owned garages, one privately-owned garage conjointly operated with the City) have existing non-functional VIMOC APGS’s that are to be replaced as part of this project. Further details on these VIMOC system replacements are provided in the Specification.
To keep traffic flowing and to minimize congestion, the project also includes the installation of wayfinding signage at five (5) strategic entry points into and around the Downtown Redwood City area. These signs will serve to guide visitors as they enter the downtown area.
The system will finally be responsible for receiving information from all specified parking facilities across the City’s downtown, including data from existing and future PARCS and APGS vendors and pushing that information to roadway digital messaging signs, websites and mobile applications.
All questions about meaning or intent of RFP shall be submitted via email no later than Friday, March 13, 2020, to Jonathan Wicks, via email: email@example.com.
Mandatory Pre-proposal Conference: Tuesday, March 3, 2020:
1. A pre-proposal conference and site walk to discuss the project will be held at Redwood City Hall, located at 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA 94063
2. Qualified Offerors wishing to attend the pre-proposal conference should communicate their intentions, via e-mail, by Thursday, February 27, 2020, to Jonathan Wicks, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Include the names of no more than two attendees
4. Attendees may also e-mail advance questions, which may be addressed during the preproposal meeting
Questions Deadline: Has been extended to Friday, March 27, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
Questions Answered: Friday, March 20, 2020
Proposals Due: Proposal deadline has been extended to Friday, April 10, 2020 by 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time
*UPDATE - 2/25/20: Redwood City Parking Facility List
Pre-Bid Meeting Slides 03/03/20