The steps of the Cannabis Business Permit Application process are outlined briefly below and discussed in detail in the Cannabis Business Administrative Rules, Regulations, and Process, go here for the full regulations. Go here to view the zoning map or click the map icon.
Redwood City has established a three-step process to review applications for a Cannabis Business Permit to operate in the City of Redwood City.
STEP 1- Submit a Pre-Application Form
- Go to the Application Forms Icon below for more details. An applicant must submit all the items listed in the form, in order to move on to the second step of the application process.
STEP 2-Submit a Cannabis Business Permit Application
- Once City staff confirms receipt of all items required under Step 1, the applicant will then be invited to submit additional required information as part of the Cannabis Business Permit Application process.
STEP 3- Application Review by City Task Force, City to Issue Recommendation and Applicant will Receive City Notification of Approval or Denial of Cannabis Business Permit
- After an applicant has submitted a complete Cannabis Business Permit application and paid all applicable fees, staff members of the Cannabis Task force will meet and review the application and issue a recommendation to the Assistant City Manager regarding the approval or denial of the Cannabis Business Permit. Applicants will receive a letter from the Assistant City Manager, via U.S. Mail, providing the results of City’s Cannabis Business Permit application review.
APPLICATION PROCESS TIMING
- Pre-Application Available Online: June 25, 2018
- Cannabis Business Permit Application Available Online: July 23, 2018 (access limited to those who complete pre-application)
- Permit Application Period: June 25, 2018-October 15, 2018
- CO Zoning Process Period: The City Council will consider a Zoning Ordinance Amendment to Allow Commercial Cannabis Delivery Centers and Nurseries in the CO Zoning District on June 25, 2018. If approved, the second reading will be scheduled for July 23, 2018 and become effective 30 days after the second reading.
- Potential businesses looking for a Conditional Use Permit within the industrial or CO Zoning Districts, please contact the Planning Division at email@example.com after submitting the Pre-Application form. City staff will process Conditional Use Permit (CUP) requests in conjunction with the Cannabis Business Permit application process. CUP is required for nurseries in the industrial districts and delivery centers and nurseries in the CO district.
- Notification of Cannabis Business Permit Decision: January 14, 2019
The City Manager may extend the application period or open a new application period after this initial application period at his or her discretion.
Business Fees and Taxes
Ordinances & Regulations
Council Actions and State Law
Business License and