Please prepare all of the documents required below and submit as a complete package. Individual documents will not be accepted.
A. An organizational chart for the business that shows the role and responsibility of each operational position. Individuals with positions of ownership, at the time of the application, should be clearly identified on the organizational chart.
B. Proof of payment of any applicable taxes and fees due to the City.
C. For each applicant and each owner, please provide final results from completing California DMV Form #INF 1125: Request Your Own DL/ID Record. The background check fee established by resolution of the City Council shall be made payable to the City of Redwood City at the submission of your application.
D. A copy of the signage plan that complies with all applicable local ordinances.
E. A security plan demonstrating compliance with all applicable operating requirements set forth in the Municipal Code and the City Manager’s Cannabis Business Administrative Rules, Regulations and Process and including the following:
1. Identification of all companies providing security, burglary, and/or fire alarm services, including any California licensed companies and licensed private patrol operator; each business is responsible for providing security, fire, and burglary alarm systems;
2. Identification of physical security measures;
3. Identification of surveillance system coverage and recording;
4. Number of security personnel and hours of coverage;
5. Detailed description of security plan, including security diagrams, operational requirements for storage and transport of cannabis, cannabis goods, and money, and procedures for reporting suspicious activity; and
6. Fire and emergency response plan.
F. Comprehensive site plan and floor plan of the proposed premises that includes: the dimensions of the interior floor plan; location of all exit doors, width of doors and panic hardware; and that shows principal uses of the floor area including storage areas and restricted areas.
G. Photographic documentation accurately depicting the entire interior and exterior of the proposed premises, including entrances, street frontage(s) parking, front, rear and sides of the proposed site.
H. For any delivery center, a plan that describes:
1. the steps the cannabis business will take to ensure that prior to the transfer of any cannabis or cannabis products during a delivery, the customer placing the order is registered with the business in a format approved by the Chief of Police (a description and example of the format should be included with the application);
2. the steps the cannabis business will take to ensure that cannabis will be sold only to the registered customers;
3. the hours of the day and days of the week the cannabis business will be conducting deliveries;
4. the procedures to be used by the delivery driver for verifying the receiving person’s government issued identification and doctor’s recommendation for medicinal deliveries;
5. the procedures to ensure the safety of customers and drivers;
6. security procedures, including safeguards for handling cannabis, cannabis products and cash; and
7. practices and procedures to ensure that delivered cannabis and cannabis products are subject to the applicable traceability requirements that otherwise apply to cannabis and cannabis products.
I. An odor management plan, including a detailed description of the ventilation system to be used in the proposed premises including but not limited to how the ventilation systems will prevent odor from escaping the premises and how the cannabis business will mitigate noxious fumes or gases.
J. A waste management plan describing how waste from the premises will be secured and stored and the pick-up schedule.
K. Procedures for ensuring consumer safety, including the cannabis business’ inventory tracking software and procedures.
L. An environmental benefits plan describing any proposed "green" business practices relating to energy and climate, water conservation, greenhouse gas emissions and waste management.
M. A business plan, including information on capital investment, operating reserves, and revenue and expense projections.
N. Signed consent form allowing the inspection and copying by the Chief of Police, and any other City official charged with enforcing Municipal Code, Chapter 32, Article V, Division 7, of any recordings and records required to be maintained under the Municipal Code or these regulations without requirement for a search warrant, subpoena or court order. Any cannabis business that receives a Cannabis Business Permit must maintain on file with the police department an up-to-date signed consent form allowing the inspection and copying set forth above at any time and without notice during the cannabis business’ hours of operation and at any other time upon reasonable notice. Nothing in the Municipal Code or these regulations require the disclosure of any qualified patient member’s private medical record. Consent form here.
O. Signed consent form allowing the inspection of the proposed premises by the Chief of Police, and other City official charges with enforcing Municipal Code, Chapter 32, Article V, Division 7, without requirements for a search warrant or court order. Any cannabis business that receives a Cannabis Business Permit must maintain on file with the police department an up-to-date signed consent form allowing the inspection set forth above at any time without notice during the cannabis business’ hours of operation and at any other time upon reasonable notice. Consent form here.
P. Signed authorization form allowing the Assistant City Manager or their designee to seek other information that the Assistant City Manager deems necessary for a complete review of the application and to conduct an investigation into the truthfulness of the statements set forth in the application or provided at any stage of the application process, including but not limited to a criminal history investigation by the Chief of Police with the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and any other law enforcement agencies. Authorization form here.
Q. Policies and procedures for adopting, monitoring, implementing and enforcing all other requirements of the Municipal Code, Chapter 32, Article V, Division 7 and the regulations governing cannabis businesses.
R. Current information for all savings accounts, checking accounts, credit and debit card processing accounts, investment accounts and trusts associated with the operation of the cannabis business including name and address of financial institutions, names of account holders, and account numbers.
S. Signed PRA, Indemnification, and Penalty of Perjury Provisions consent form. Consent form here.