- Redwood City Profile
- Information Technology Profile
- Some Past and Current Clients
- Information Technology Supported Technologies
- Current RFP/RFQs
Whether your needs are full-time on-site technical support, single application development, process analysis and improvement through technology, or special project management and consulting, Redwood City’s Information Technology has the experience and expertise you are seeking.
Being a municipality, we know and understand what a public agency’s needs are. We fully support our own City’s eleven departments and seven member City Council as well as several other cities along the Peninsula.
Standardization among our clients is key to allowing us to implement technologies in which we have experience, expertise from long-term exposure, as well as buying power from continuous purchasing of similar technologies. It also allows staff to backfill during absences so that you have contiguous support.
We strongly support the area’s efforts in regionalization and collaborative computing to reduce redundancies and lower costs to participating agencies.
Redwood City is a full-service City with the following departments, all fully supported by the Information Technology Division with some of the IT services listed:
- City Manager: City’s website, citizen complaint tracking, surveys, i-Nets, and public newsletters.
- City Clerk: document management, Boards and Commission tracking, and City Council meeting streaming and archiving.
- City Attorney: workstation maintenance, contract management system, and document security.
- Administrative Services: Finance, Information Technology, and Human Resources.
- Police: dispatch, records management, mobile computing, evidence tracking, LawNet, CLETS, and surveillance security.
- Fire: mobile computing, mobile GIS, and records management.
- Library: staff email, file sharing, document management, network support, and workstation support for both public and staff use.
- Public Works Services: water allocation programs, work order system, GIS, water metering, tree maintenance, street cleaning calendar, and the fleet management system.
- Parks and Recreation: the work order system, event calendar, and public newsletters.
- Community Development: Building, Infrastructure & Transportation: permitting, code enforcement, GIS, document management, and Housing and Economic Development.
Catalog of Enterprise Systems
In compliance with California Government Code Section 6270.5, the city is required to post a “Catalog of Enterprise Systems.” The catalog is a list of all the City’s major business systems except those that are specifically excluded from publication under the statute. The catalog includes the rough time period over which the data is collected and updated.
Information Technology Profile:
Redwood City Information Technology (IT) is comprised of 14 full-time employees with a wide range of expertise and experience. Redwood City IT has been successfully supporting other municipalities and not-for-profit agencies for over two decades.
The types of services IT offers range from supporting desktops, developing and supporting financial systems and other applications, to designing and managing network infrastructure. IT can and does support all departments in a city including public safety (Police and Fire).
EDM’s expertise is in the design and management of an agency’s technology infrastructure, including, but not limited to: wide area networking (WAN); local area networking (LAN); system security; desktop support; disaster recovery and business resumption; virtualization for a greener, more energy efficient environment; departmental and enterprise-wide application development and support; and telephone system design, implementation and support including Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
DEV’s expertise is in the development and management of single or multi-user, department and/or enterprise-wide software applications. This includes e-government solutions and applications, including Internet and Intranet web sites.
Some Past and Current Clients:
- City of Burlingame
- City of East Palo Alto
- Town of Atherton
- Woodside Fire District
- Redwood City Child Development Program
- Family Services Agency
- Colma Fire Protection District
- Town of Los Altos Hills
- City of San Bruno
- City of Menlo Park
- Ombudsman Services of San Mateo
- Bay Area Water Supply and Conservation Agency
- South Bay Waste Management Authority
- Port of Redwood City
- HIP Housing
- Shelter Network
- Menlo Park Fire District
- City of La Quinta
- Redwood City School District
- City of Saratoga
- Community Education Center
- International Institute of the Bay Area
(not all inclusive)
- Disaster Recovery and Business Resumption
- Municipal Financial Systems
- Unified Messaging
- Water Conservation
- Backflow Assembly Management
- GIS (ESRI, MapGuide)
- LaserFiche Document Management
- Enterprise Anti-Virus
- Backup (tape, disk-to-disk)
- Microsoft Exchange (all versions)
- Microsoft Office (all versions)
- Spam filtering appliances
- Class and facility registration
- Facility Maintenance Systems
- City Council Meeting Streaming Over the Internet
- Tree Management
- Smart Parking Meters and pay stations
- Internet Site Redesign Project Management
- Intranet Site Design and Redesign
- Police Mobile Computing
- VoIP (design, implementation, administration)
- Windows Active Directory
- Design, Optimizing, and Monitoring for proactive administration
- Web Filtering
- Remote Client Administration
- Server Virtualization
- Dell (servers and workstations)
- Surveillance Cameras
- HP (servers, tape drives, workstations)
- Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Blackberry Enterprise
- UPS and Data-center management
- Network Multifunction devices (copiers, scanners)
- Cell phone plan administration and optimization
- Smart Phones and other mobile devices
Database Development, Administration, and Support
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Access
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Server
- PICK Basic
- Windows Forms
- Microsoft Office Automation
- Windows - all versions of Server and Desktop
- IIS, including Website and Application Hosting