COVID-19 Update: You will be able to complete your census until October 31, 2020.
Do you need help? Our staff are available during Shelter-In-Place by phone or email to answer questions Monday-Friday, 10:00am-5:00pm. Call our main line: 650-780-7018 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Complete Your Census Online
1. Visit this website: https://my2020census.gov/
2. Click "Start Questionnaire"
3. Enter your 12 Digit Census ID or click on the link if you do not have your ID.
4. Complete Census, you will receive a confirmation number when you are finished.
Complete Your Census on the Phone
- Arabic: 844-416-2020
- Chinese-Cantonese: 844-398-2020
- Chinese-Mandarin: 844-391-2020
- English: 844-330-2020
- French: 844-494-2020
- Haitian Creole: 844-477-2020
- Korean: 844-392-2020
- Polish: 844-479-2020
- Portuguese: 844-474-2020
- Russian: 844-417-2020
- Spanish: 844-468-2020
- Tagalog: 844-478-2020
- Spanish: 844-468-2020
- Telephone Display Device (TDD): 844-467-2020
About the Census
Every 10 years, the federal government is required to count all residents in the United States, citizens and noncitizens alike, through a national census. The next national census begins in March 2020 and counts everyone in the United States on April 1, 2020. The information is used to make sure everyone is equally represented in our political system and that government resources are allocated fairly. It is also used to make important decisions about community programs and services, like where to build homes and parks, establish public transit routes, build new roads and offer language access services.
Why It's Important
It helps make sure everyone has equitable representation, funding, and resources. Learn more
What you need to know
Learn what will be asked, how the information will be used, how everyone will be counted and more. Learn more
What you can do
There are many ways you can help make sure everyone in our county gets counted. Learn more
Census help at Redwood City Public Library
How your library can help:
- Staff assistance with completing the Census is available at all locations
- Dedicated Census computers
- Census questions answered
- Assistance is available in English and Spanish at Fair Oaks Branch Library and Downtown Library
Still have questions? Contact Sarah LaTorra, 650-780-7035
Watch our Census themed recorded stories, Cuentos en Casa!