In order to tap into the wealth of skills, experience, and interest within our community, the City Council of Redwood City utilizes a number of appointed boards, commissions, and committees to advise and make recommendations to the City Council and staff on a wide variety of issues that are crucial to our quality of life.
The Office of the City Clerk maintains a current list of City Boards, Commissions and Committees, the current seats available, and upcoming meeting dates and times. The Clerk also coordinates all appointments to these positions.
Public involvement is crucial to the City’s decision-making process, and these appointed advisory bodies are an important and valued part of City government. By advising the City Council and staff, bringing new ideas to the table, and representing all of the diverse elements of our community, members of our boards, commissions, and committees will be helping our City Council to make the best, most informed decisions possible, for the benefit of the entire Redwood City community.
Interested in serving? General requirements are that applicants must have an interest in civic involvement, and must be 18 years of age or older, a registered voter, and a resident of incorporated Redwood City (some board or commission positions may have additional requirements or preferred areas of expertise).
The following links contain descriptions of the various City boards, commissions, and committees.
- Local Appointments List
- City Boards, Commissions, and Committee Handbook
- Architectural Advisory Committee (Appointed by the Planning Commission)
- Arts Commission
- Board of Building Review
- Historic Resources Advisory Committee (Appointed by the Planning Commission)
- Housing and Human Concerns Committee
- Library Board
- Parks, Recreation and Community Services Commission
- Planning Commission
- Port Commission
- Pride and Beautification Committee
- San Mateo County Mosquito and Vector Control District (SMCMVCD)
- Senior Affairs Commission
- Transportation Advisory Committee
- Youth and Teen Advisory Boards
- Zoning Administrator (Staff-Driven Committee)
In addition to Regulatory and Advisory Boards, Commissions, and Committees, there are a variety of other Council Sub-Committees, Regional Appointments and Adhoc Committees established to assist with Redwood City's government process. Follow this link to learn more about the different kind of advisory bodies and committees in Redwood City!