Plan-review Appointments - "One Stop"
30-minute appointments: Opportunity to meet with Building staff so they may review your project and provide comments or approve while you wait.
Policy for “One Stop”: Commercial Plan Review
Effective date: 01/01/2019
“One Stop” plan review does NOT include the following types of projects due to complexity:
- Additions over 400 square feet
- Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)
- Changes of occupancy
- Projects with valuations greater than $166,157.00 including permit valuations in the last three years. Please contact a Permit Technician for permits within the last three years.
Plans are also required to be prepared by an appropriate design professional for a commercial project. This includes architects, engineers, contractors for their specialties, Certified Accessibility Specialists, or other licensed and qualified design professionals. As public safety is of the utmost importance, and unlicensed designers have no governing license body, designs and plans shall not be accepted by unlicensed designers. All plans shall be signed by the designer of record and their name, license, and contact information clearly printed on the plans.
- Commercial tenant improvement with construction value under $166,157.00
- Residential interior alteration/remodel
- Residential single story addition < 400 square feet
(for additions and some alterations requiring Architectural Permit, such as second story additions, the Architectural Permit must be obtained prior to scheduling the One Stop Plan Review appointment. Structural reviews are completed within 6-8 weeks)
Requirements - What You Need To Do:
- Prepare complete project documents
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Bring the application & project documents to the appointment
Scheduling Plan Check Appointment
You may request an appointment by contacting the City via Email or phone at (650) 780-7350.
Please be prepared to provide the following when calling for an appointment:
- Brief description: T.I. area, type of construction, use, scope of work, and tenant name
- Estimated valuation of project (cost)
- Preferred meeting date and time
- Address of proposed project: location including floor/suite number
- Contact name, phone number and email address
Available Appointment Times
|9:00 - 9:30 a.m.||Commercial/ No Fire||Residential|
|9:30 - 10:00 a.m.||
||Commercial/ No Fire||Residential|
|10:00 - 10:30 a.m.||Commercial/ No Fire||Residential|
|10:30 - 11:00 a.m.||Commercial/ No Fire||Residential|
|1:30 - 2:00 p.m.||Fire Only||Fire Only|
|2:00 - 2:30 p.m.||Residential||Commercial/ No Fire||
|2:30 - 3:00 p.m.||Residential||Commercial/ No Fire|
|3:00 - 3:30 p.m.||Residential||Commercial/ No Fire||
|3:30 - 4:00 p.m.||Residential||Commercial/ No Fire||
Since appointment times are limited, please contact us 48 hours in advance if you're not able to keep your appointment.
We are always committed to re-examining procedures and systems to determine new and innovative ways of doing things. Please let us know of any comments or suggestions you may have regarding our process.