Plan-review Appointments - "One Stop"
30-minute appointments: Opportunity to meet with Building staff so they may review your project and provide comments or approve while you wait.
Policy for “One Stop”: Commercial Plan Review
Effective date: 01/01/2019
“One Stop” plan review will NOT include any of the following types of projects due to complexity:
- additions over 400 square feet,
- Accessory Dwelling Units ( ADU's)
- changes of occupancy, or
- projects with valuations greater than $166,157.00 including permit valuations in the last three years. Please contact a Permit Technician for permits within the last three years.
Plans are also required to be prepared by an appropriate design professional for a commercial project. This includes architects, engineers, contractors for their specialties, Certified Accessibility Specialists, or other licensed and qualified design professionals. As public safety is of the utmost importance, and unlicensed designers have no governing license body, designs and plans shall not be accepted by unlicensed designers. All plans shall be signed by the designer of record and their name, license, and contact information clearly printed on the plans.
- Commercial tenant improvement with construction value under $166,157.00
- Residential interior alteration/remodel
- Residential single story addition < 400 square feet
(for additions and some alterations requiring Architectural Permit, such as second story additions, the Architectural Permit must be obtained prior to scheduling the One Stop Plan Review appointment. Structural reviews are completed within 6-8 weeks)
Requirements - What You Need To Do:
- Prepare complete project documents
- Completed building permit application Building Permit Application
- Bring application & project documents to appointment
You may REQUEST APPOINTMENT by contacting the City either by Email or telephone number at (650) 780-7350.
Please be prepared to provide the following when calling for appointment:Brief description: (T.I. area, type of occupancy, use, scope of work, and tenant name);
- Brief description: T.I. area, type of construction, use, scope of work, and tenant name.
- Estimated valuation of project (cost)
- Preferred meeting date and time;
- Address of proposed project: location: i.e. floor #, suite #
- Contact name, phone number and email address.
Available Appointment Times
|9:00 - 9:30 a.m.||Commercial/ No Fire||Residential|
|9:30 - 10:00 a.m.||
||Commercial/ No Fire||Residential|
|10:00 - 10:30 a.m.||Commercial/ No Fire||Residential|
|10:30 - 11:00 a.m.||Commercial/ No Fire||Residential|
|1:30 - 2:00 p.m.||Fire Only||Fire Only|
|2:00 - 2:30 p.m.||Residential||Commercial/ No Fire||
|2:30 - 3:00 p.m.||Residential||Commercial/ No Fire|
|3:00 - 3:30 p.m.||Residential||Commercial/ No Fire||
|3:30 - 4:00 p.m.||Residential||Commercial/ No Fire||
Because appointment times are limited, we request that you contact us should you not be able to keep your appointment at 48 hours in advance.
We are always committed to re-examining procedures and systems and to determining new and innovative ways of doing things. Please let us know of any comments or suggestions you may have regarding our process.