City Hall and most City facilities are closed to the public. However, operations are continuing remotely via phone and email. For more information, updates and resources, visit the coronavirus web page here.

Redwood Shores Lagoon Bank Policy FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Frequently Asked Questions About Waterfront Improvements in Redwood Shores

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Are there any exceptions to the policy?

  • Do I need a permit/approval for repairing or replacing an existing boat dock?

  • Do I need a permit/approval to landscape my rear yard?

  • How can I get more information?

  • How do I find out if I live in a Planned Development? Do I need a Planned Development Amendment?

  • How do I get approvals for existing or proposed waterfront improvements? What permits are needed?

  • How much time do I have to conform to this policy?

  • I received approval from the Homeowners Association, and now the City is saying I can’t build my waterfront improvement. What do I do?

  • Is it my responsibility to replace the rip rap (arrogate rock) along the lagoon bank?

  • Under the policy, which types of waterfront improvements are permitted and which are not?

  • What happens if I bought the house “as is” and did not install any of the waterfront improvements?

  • What happens if I don’t agree with this policy?

  • What information and materials do I need to provide in order to submit a complete application for a Waterfront Improvement Permit?

  • What is the purpose of the Redwood Shores Lagoon Bank Policy?

  • What types of waterfront improvements are “grandfathered” in (i.e., allowed to remain as is)?

  • Who was involved in developing this policy?

  • Why are waterfront improvements an issue for Redwood Shores?