Take your library on the go! Our new mobile app turns your smartphone or tablet into a library at your fingertips. You can instantly tap into library resources...anytime, anywhere!
Enhanced services allow you to use an eCard version of your library card, access all of the library’s digital content providers, follow our social media accounts and much more.
New App Features
- Manage your account and your content (My Account, Bookshelf), by logging in with your library card number and PIN. Renew materials, place/manage holds, and check/pay your account balance.
- Use your My Library Card digital card to check out materials.
- Browse and reserve the Recommended Reads with just the tap of a finger (updated every month).
- Explore our entire catalog, read reviews, find similar items and locate a copy to pick up from any library within Peninsula Library System.
- Locate your nearest Peninsula Library System location.
- Access our Digital Collection in one convenient location. Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMovies, eMusic, and eMagazines from OverDrive, hoopla, RBdigital and other content providers.
- Find more information about one of our many events! See events by date and add them to your calendar.
- See a book that looks interesting? Scan an ISBN barcode from the back of a book to see if a copy is available at one of our libraries.
How to Get Started
iOS & Android Devices
You can download the app by searching for Redwood City Library in the Apple App store or Google Play store on your device or click the appropriate button below.
Once downloaded, launch the app and enter your library card number and PIN. The app will remember your account information so you won't need to log in again.
For Kindle Fire Tablets
- On your Kindle Fire, go to one of the following locations depending on your device:
- 5th to 8th Generation Devices – Settings > Security > Apps from Unknown Sources and enable.
- 3rd and 4th Generation Devices – Settings > Applications > Apps From Unknown Sources and enable.
- 1st and 2nd Generation Devices – Settings > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications and ensure it’s set to On.
- Open the Kindle Fire web browser and download the APK file.
- Open the notification area (top bar). It should show that the .APK file is downloading. Tap it once the download has finished.
- Select Install.
* Content modified from San Mateo County Library