Redwood City Public Library is pleased to offer support to veterans in the community through library resources, counseling services, and other programming.
Are you a veteran in crisis or concerned about a veteran? You can contact the Veterans Crisis Line by phone (1-800-273-8255) or text (838255) for immediate assistance from an experienced counselor.
Veterans Resource Center Location
Downtown Library, 1044 Middlefield Rd, Redwood City, CA 94062
Monday – Thursday, 10am – 9pm
Friday & Saturday, 10am – 5pm
Sunday, 12pm – 5pm
Redwood City Public Library provides access to books, films, music, computers, laptops, and Wi-Fi at four locations throughout the city and the North Fair Oaks community.
The Downtown Library is also the site of the RCPL Veterans Connect Resource Center, a special collection of books, pamphlets, and other information of special interest to veterans and their families. We provide free print copies of the California Veterans Resource Book.
Consider volunteering your time to work with veterans in the community!
Veterans Benefits Coaches work one-on-one with veterans to navigate the federal and state benefits available to them.
Community Outreach Specialists engage with veterans at events around the community.
Please contact Fiona Potter for more information about getting involved either of these programs: firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-780-7056
Local Resources – Benefits, Transition, Housing, Healthcare
- San Mateo County Veterans Service Office (CVSO) provides a range of services to help veterans, their spouses, and their family members access state and federal benefits.
- Address: 550 Quarry Road San Carlos, CA 94070
- Phone: (650) 802-6598
- Peninsula VetCenter provides eligible veterans with counseling and outreach services, referrals, and social activities to help facilitate readjustment to civilian life.
- Address: 345 Middlefield Rd., Bldg. 1, Menlo Park, CA
- Phone: (650) 617-4300
- Canada College Veteran Resource and Opportunity Center supports veterans and their dependents who are pursuing educational and career goals.
- Canada College Building 9, Rm 209
- Phone: (650) 306-3250
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System provides a full range of health care services at locations across the Peninsula and South Bay, including Palo Alto and Menlo Park.
- Palo Alto Division: 3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304
- Menlo Park Division: 795 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Phone: (800) 455-0057 or (650) 493-5000
- NAMI San Mateo County provides support to individuals with major mental illness and their families
- Phone: (650) 638-0800
- Swords to Plowshares is a community-based not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides needs assessment and case management, employment and training, housing, and legal assistance to approximately 3,000 veterans in the San Francisco Bay Area each year
- Address: 1060 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Phone: (415) 252-4788
California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) supports California veterans and their families to access state and federal benefits
Featured resource: California Veterans Resource Book
The Veterans Administration provides veterans access to the broad range of benefits and services they have earned through their service in the armed forces.
Featured resource: Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors
About Veterans Connect
In partnership with the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet), the California State Library, and the Institute of Museum and Library Studies, Redwood City Public Library is pleased to help veterans and their families to learn about state and federal education, employment, housing, health, disability and other benefits that may be available to them. The special focus of this project is to provide information to reintegrate California veterans into the California workforce and our communities in order to provide veterans with the quality of life of other Americans. To learn more about the project please visit the Veterans Connect @ the Library website