Below are just a few tips on advertising your child care/preschool services in Redwood City. Don't forget to include your license number on any electronic or print advertising (website, e-news groups, flyers, business cards, etc.), per state law.
- First, be sure that 4Cs has up-to-date information on your program. Remember that the more restrictive you are on hours, workdays, and age groups served, the fewer referrals you will get!
- Consider joining the Family Child Care Association of San Mateo County to take advantage of their website and phone referral service, as well as other benefits.
- Public bulletin boards are available in many library branches and community centers in Redwood City (and surrounding cities) where you can post flyers or business cards.
- Word-of-mouth recommendations from your current families are the most effective advertising tool! Use them. Parents who belong to e-news groups like "rwcparents" Yahoo group can send out a message to hundreds of families.
- Some elementary schools allow child care providers to post a notice on the office bulletin board for parents looking for either before/afterschool care or care for a younger child.
- Online (and print) parent newsmagazines sell ads; other local news or social networking sites may be low/no cost options.
Many more useful ideas can be found in: