Fair Oaks Community Center is here to help!
The Fair Oaks Community Center will remain staffed with safety modifications for providing essential human services, including emergency food, homeless support services, safety net information and referral services, etc. All non-essential classes and programs are cancelled/postponed.
Please call us first. (650) 780-7500 - most assistance can be done over the phone
If you need food or hard copies of paperwork, it will be done by appointment only.
If folks do not have phones, they can come to the main door where a staff member will greet them and give them further instructions.
Additional Phone Numbers
For Peninsula Family Service call 650-780-7542
For Legal Aid Society call 650-517-8911 for a telephone consultation.
For Immigration Institute of the Bay Area call 650-780-7530 call for a telephone consultation.
All of these efforts are designed to eliminate the need for unnecessary contact with employees and waiting in line in close proximity. Please share this information with those who need help with food, homeless support services, safety net information and referral services.
Thank you, and please stay safe.
California Immigrant Relief Fund HOTLIINE: 415-324-1011
Proyecto de Asistencia para Inmigrantes Afectados por la Pandemia de COVID-19 (DRAI): LLAME A 415-324-1011
Para las personas que pueden:
- Demostrar que es un adulto indocumentado mayor de 18 años
- No califica para recibir asistencia federal relacionado con COVID19
- Ha tenido dificultades económicas debido a la pandemia
For people who:
- Demonstrate that they are an undocumented adult over 18 years
- Do not qualify to receive federal assistance related to COVID19
- Have had economic difficulties due to the pandemic
Webpage in English: https://www.catholiccharitiessf.org/covid-19-relief/drai.html.
Webpage in Spanish: https://www.catholiccharitiessf.org/covid-19-relief/drai_espagnol.html
The City has a page devoted to resources for homeowners and renters affected by the coronavirus. Please find information on emergency Rental Assistance, the recently passed County Eviction Moratorium regulation, legal resources and valuable information for homeowners by clicking here.
As of May 1, 2020
Meals on Wheels - Meal delivery for older adults
St. Francis Center- Bagged Groceries, M-F 10:30-1:30pm, 151 Buckingham Ave, Redwood City
Salvation Army- Pre-bagged food, TWTh 9-12pm, 660 Veterans Ave. Redwood City
Boys & Girls Club - Bagged Groceries, Wednesdays between 5:30pm-7pm, 1109 Hilton, Redwood City, Redwood City
- Fair Oaks Community Center, M-F 3-5pm. Pick-up: call 650-780-7500
2600 Middlefield Rd. Redwood City, Redwood City
- Padua Dining Room at Saint Anthony's Church, Mon- Sat 11am- 1pm,
Curbside pick up only. Serving anyone who needs food. 3500 Middlefield Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Cassia House, Sundays only 1:30-3:00pm, Serving anyone, 420 Cassia St. Redwood City
- The Veterans Memorial Senior Center will be providing senior (60+) lunch pick-up Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please Call (650) 780-7259 to make your reservation and hear the daily menu option. We offer curbside pick up at the Veterans Memorial Senior Center (1455 Madison Ave.) or home delivery throughout Redwood City and Redwood Shores. Seniors must make their reservation by 7pm the night before to get a meal the next day.
- Boys and Girls Club, Drive through hot meals 6-7pm M-F. 1109 Hilton, Redwood City
- Streetlife Ministries TO-GO boxes of food and hygiene kits
Mondays & Wednesdays, Redwood City, 7:30pm, Rise City Church Parkinhg Lot, 1305 Middlefield Rd, Redwood City, CA
- Redwood City School District (RCSD)
Breakfast and Lunch Drive Through Pick-up (for any child under 18)
Mon, Tues, and Wed (Thurs/Fri meals included on Wed), 10:30am-11:30am
Locations: Henry Ford, Garfield, Hoover, and Roosevelt (Roosevelt site also includes dinner