The Redwood City Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department is proud to provide the community with access to its City-owned tennis courts and is responsible for reservations and court maintenance. For more information on court reservations or any other inquiries, please call (650) 780-7311.
Tennis Court Reservation Policy
A. General Information and Rules
1. Redwood City Tennis Courts are free and open to the public on a first come, first served basis for the enjoyment of players, 7 days a week from dawn to dusk. Lighted courts are open until 10:00 pm. Tennis Courts may also be reserved – please see the reservation policies listed in Section B.
Redwood City Tennis Courts are located in the following parks:
- Red Morton Park (4 lighted courts).1400 Roosevelt Ave.
- Mezes Park (2 lighted courts).Warren St./Standish St.
- Andrew Spinas Park (2 lighted courts).2nd Ave./Bay Road
- Dolphin Park (2 lighted courts).Turks Head/Quay Lane
- Marlin Park (2 unlighted courts).Neptune Dr./Cringle Dr.
- Shorebird Park (2 unlighted courts).Marine Parkway/Island Dr.
2. All patrons must abide by court rules and regulations (posted on entrance to courts), and use common sense and courtesy in their application.
3. No person shall provide or offer tennis lessons for compensation on City-owned tennis courts except as part of and approved as a City-sponsored program - RWC Muni code section 25.2.03(A)(9) and 25.2.02(N)
4. No individual may solely occupy and use a court if two or more individuals are waiting to play on that court.
5. No person shall play a sport other than tennis on City-owned tennis courts unless expressly allowed via permit issued by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department. This shall include skateboarding, rollerblading, bicycling, etc.
6. No dogs are allowed on courts.
7. Only tennis shoes and non-marking soled shoes are allowed on the tennis courts.
8. All steel racquets must have guards.
B. Tennis Court Reservations
- Courts may be reserved for a maximum of two hours, and may be made no less than one week in advance – otherwise, courts are available on a first come, first served basis. (Please see Fees in Section C).
- At the parks where there are only 2 courts, a maximum of only one court may be reserved. The other court must be available for drop-in use. Only by special permission through the Department may all courts at any location be reserved (for tournament use, classes or camps, etc.).
- Reservations may be made in person at the Red Morton Community Center located at 1120 Roosevelt Ave., Monday through Friday during regular business hours, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, please call (650) 780-7311.
- Reservation confirmation will be made via a permit by the PRCS Department, and you are to bring a copy of the permit with you to the Court for verification.
- There is a 15 minute grace period for groups or individuals making reservations for the courts. After that time, the reservation is considered “canceled” and the court is available for general use on a “first-come basis”.
C. Reservation Fees
There is no charge for use of the courts on a first come, first served basis. For exclusive use of courts, the following fees apply for residents and non-residents:
- Residents, and all Resident Based Clubs, and Resident Based USTA Teams:
$15 per hour, per court (2 court maximum, 2-hour maximum)
- Non-Residents, and all Non-Resident Based Clubs, and Non-Resident Based USTA Teams:
$25 per hour, per court (2 courts maximum, 2-hour maximum)
Please note that fees are non-refundable, however, if, in the event of inclement weather, the Department will work with you to reschedule a future use date.
D. Priority Use
- Priority use is given to Redwood City residents and Redwood City resident based clubs and teams. Residency for tennis court use is defined as 51% or more Redwood City residents who are in the Club or on the team requesting use. Proof of residency may be requested by the City at any time.
- Days and times designated for use are made at the sole discretion of the Redwood City Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department.