Do you want to reach out to your community and make a difference? Do you want to discuss teen issues and plan teen activities in Redwood City?
Redwood City's Youth and Teen Advisory Boards offer teens a chance to speak up on issues that concern them and their peers. Youth Advisory Board members are 6th, 7th and 8th graders; the Teen Advisory Board is for high school students.
If you want to be part of an organization where teens are the focus and where you can truly make a difference, join us the first Wednesday of every month during the school year. Applications must be completed to be part of this valuable team. Please pick up applications at the Red Morton Community Center.
The Redwood City Youth and Teen Advisory Board purpose is to express the ideas of youth and fill the gap between Redwood City officials and its youth.
- Work as a team with the Recreation Supervisor to address issues relating to youth in the community.
- Assist in planning, promoting and implementing of programs and services for youth.
- Plan and participate in community service activities which benefit the community of Redwood City.
- Foster a greater involvement of youth in municipal government and city affairs.
- Study problems, activities and concerns of youth especially as they relate to municipal programs or projects of the City of Redwood City.
- Hold forums on concerned activities, either alone or in conjunction with other government and civic affairs.
- Act as an advocate for youth and teens
- Review those municipal matters referred to by the City Council or other City committees and, as appropriate, make recommendations on those matters.
- Meets 1st Wednesday of each month during the school year
- Teen Advisory Board - 6:30pm-8pm
- Youth Advisory Board- 7pm-8pm
- Where: Red Morton Community Center- 1120 Roosevelt Avenue
Membership & Application
Youth Advisory Board: Any resident of the City of Redwood City who will be entering 6th through 8th during the committee term.
Teen Advisory Board: Any resident of the City of Redwood City who will be entering 9th through 12th during the committee term. Applications for the 2019-2020 school year are due by August 28th, 2019.