The Parent Project curriculum teaches parents how to stop negative behaviors (poor school attendance and performance, alcohol and other drug use, gangs, runaways, and violent teens), and how to open positive two-way communication with the child.
The Parent Project® is a free, 12-week course that is offered in English and Spanish to anyone who cares for a child or adolescent. The classes meet for three hours each week. Parents learn parenting skills and get information about resources and other support available in their communities. Parents/caregivers learn and practice skills such as:
- appropriate ways to discipline
- preventing or stopping alcohol, drug and tobacco use
- improving communication skills
- improving grades and school attendance
Here's what one parent said after taking the course:
"I am a single parent of two teenagers. When I thought my children’s lives were at risk, I felt lonely with no answers to all the problems in our lives. I took the parent project class when my children were struggling, and I finally found hope. This class will help parents have a better relationship with their children, and help them succeed."
- Yolanda R.
To watch a short video on the Parent Project, please click here.
To sign up for an upcoming Parent project course sponsored by the Redwood City Police Department, please contact our Juvenile Specialist Manuel Velarde at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-780-7195
PROGRAMA PROYECTO PARA PADRES (Parent Project®)
FAMILIAS QUE VIVEN EN REDWOOD CITY
PARA REGISTRARSE !
Clases para padres y madres que cambiaran su vida familiar!
12 Semanas-Matricula Gratis y Cuidado de Ninos
Clases ayudaran a solucionar problemas:
- Retome control de su hogar
- Reduzca conflictos familiares
- No permita conductas abusivas
- Mejore la asistencia escolar de niños
- No permita alcohol/drogas en el hogar
- Aprenda como recibir ayuda de la Policia de Redwood City cuando sus hijos son violentos, quieren ser pandilleros o no van a la escuela