Redwood City Police Department Cadet Program
What is the purpose of the Cadet Program?
The Redwood City Police Cadet Program has a long and well-established history of offering valuable experience to local teens and young adults as they explore the vocation of law enforcement. At the same time, these volunteers provide many hours of service to the Redwood City community during city events and large-scale incidents handled by the police department. Yet the program also strives to provide participants with direction and guidance to prepare for the responsibilities of becoming a successful adult.
What are the requirements to become a Cadet?
- Applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 21 years’ old
- Enrolled in school or have completed their high school education
- Copy of your most recent report card showing a GPA of 2.0 or better
- If your current GPA is below 2.0, you will need to provide a letter from your teachers stating you are on track to achieving a GPA of 2.0 this semester
- Letter of recommendation from either a current or former teacher, school counselor, coach, or employer
- Applicants must not have any felony convictions and no pending criminal cases
- Applicants must be willing to volunteer a minimum of 10 hours a month to the program as well as attend monthly meetings and training sessions
What is the selection process like?
- Applicants must submit a completed Cadet application
- Applicants will be invited to an oral interview
- Upon successful completion of the oral interview, a background investigation will be conducted
- Successful applicants will then meet with the Chief of Police or his designee
Are there any costs to joining the program?
- Each cadet will be provided two uniforms
- The registration fee for the academy is $50.00 and it’s the responsibility of the Cadet
- Each cadet will need to purchase their own pair of boots.
- Scholarships may be available to assist with associated costs
How to learn more about the Cadet Program?
Contact the following Advisors
Diana Villegas email@example.com
Jesus Castro firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Mondragon email@example.com
Tyler Wolfe firstname.lastname@example.org
Leila Velez email@example.com
Click Below for the Cadet Application