Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Can I get Redwood City to install a sewer cleanout if I do not have one?

  • Do I need a permit to repair my sewer lateral?

  • Does Redwood City provide a sewer lateral (cleaning) service?

  • Does the city fix sewer lines on private property?

  • How can I get my sewer lateral repaired so I will not have anymore sewer backups?

  • How can I tell if my home has a sewer cleanout?

  • How do I get a permit?

  • How do I report sewage overflowing from a sewer manhole out in the street?

  • I cannot locate my sewer cleanout? What can I do?

  • I'm experiencing brown or yellow tinted water coming out of my faucet, what should I do?

  • What do I do when I smell sewer odors/gases out in the street?

  • What do I have to do to get a sewer cleanout installed at my home/business?

  • What does the “public” side and the “private” side of my sewer lateral mean?

  • What is a sewer cleanout?

  • What is a sewer lateral?

  • What is an SSO?

  • What is the sewer main line?

  • What is Unidirectional Flushing?

  • Who provides my sewer service?

  • Why does the City flush water out of hydrants?