Rate Assistance Program

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Redwood City is excited to offer the Water and Sewer Rate Assistance Program (WSRAP) to qualifying utility rate payers. Eligibility is based on household income and qualifying applicants will receive a credit up to $80 on their utility bill.

Program Information

WSRAP is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Key factors of the program are listed below.

  • WSRAP is offered based on calendar year (January - December).
  • Applicants may apply at any time throughout the year. However, applications are approved contingent on availability of funds.
  • Applicants must reapply annually and/or if there is a change of address.
  • Applicants must notify the City within thirty (30) days if applicant becomes ineligible for the program.
  • Assistance is not transferable with property or applicant.

To Qualify:

  • Applicant's gross household income must not exceed San Mateo County's 50% adjusted median income limits. 
  • Applicant must receive a Redwood City utility bill in the applicant's name and currently reside at the address to which rate assistance is being requested.
  • Applicant must provide required proof of income documentation with the application.

To Apply:

 WSRAP Step 1_revised


Complete the application form. Forms are available online and at the Public Works Services office at 1400 Broadway Street. 

WSRAP Step 2_revised 

  Provide copies of all requested documents along with the completed application. For your protection, please black out your Social Security and bank account numbers on all copies of documents.
 WSRAP Step 3_revised  

Mail or deliver all items to:
Redwood City Public Works Services
1400 Broadway Street
Redwood City, CA 94063

Email all items to: wsrap@redwoodcity.org


WSRAP Application Form - English

WSRAP Aplicacion - Espanol



  • How much is the utility credit?
  • Can I apply if my utility bill is in another family member's name?
  • What counts as income?
  • Do I have to reapply once I am approved?