The 81st Annual 4th of July Parade by the Peninsula Celebration Association – a Family 4th – is the premier holiday parade in the region and takes place in the heart of Downtown Redwood City. The entire community is invited to celebrate this 4th of July tradition with event host Peninsula Celebration Association and the City of Redwood City. This treasured event brings thousands of excited spectators to enjoy an incredible array of parade floats and numerous family festivities. The parade and festival are an integral part of the renaissance of Redwood City's Downtown, which is now considered the “Entertainment Capital of the Peninsula” with its many restaurants, shops, and theaters. After the parade and festival, spectators can enjoy a spectacular 4th of July fireworks show launched from the Port of Redwood City. This wonderful show is brought to the community by the City of Redwood City with a support from Sims Metal Management, Sares Regis, County Consumer Plumbing Service & Repair Group, Recology, and the Port of Redwood City. Please view our Sponsor links below.
The parade begins at 10am and a map of the parade route can be found here. The 33rd Annual Independence Day Festival will cover several square blocks in the heart of Downtown Redwood City, starting at 9 am (parts of Broadway, Hamilton, Middlefield, Jefferson, and in Courthouse Square). Filled with arts and crafts, food and beverages, kids’ activities, and a whole lot of good old-fashioned family fun, the festival is the place to be on the 4th of July! Plus the annual 4th of July carnival, coordinated by the Woodside Terrace Kiwanis Club, will be at its usual location, in the parking lot at Veterans Blvd. and Winslow Street.
|EVENTS AROUND TOWN|
|Pancake Breakfast||7:30-10:30am with the Redwood City Fire Department at 755 Marshall Street|
|Parade Run 5K||8:00am
(check-in 6:30-7:59 a.m. Warren Street between Bradford and
Marshall Streets). Starting line is at the corner of Arguello and Marshall Streets.
|Chalk Full of Fun||Wednesday 7/3 8:00am-6:00pm &
Thursday 7/4 8:00am-4:00pm on Courthouse Square
|July 4th Parade||Steps off at 10:00am! (parade route map)|
|Festival||9:00am-5:00pm (festival map)|
|9:00am (Broadway & El Camino)|
|Concert at the Port||7:00-9:15pm - Blue- Coastside Cool|
|Fireworks||Start at approximately 9:30pm|
- Placement of any chairs, barricades, coolers, tape etc. upon the sidewalk or street is prohibited prior to 12:00am July 4th.
- Any chairs, barricades, coolers, tape etc. placed upon the sidewalk or street prior to July 4th will be removed and stored at the Redwood City Corporation Yard at 1400 Broadway. RCMC 29.3
- Pickup of confiscated items may be accomplished at the City Corporation Yard between 7:30am to 3:00pm during normal business hours. (Closed on 4th of July).
- Questions regarding this procedure may be directed to the Redwood City Police Department
Please note that Jefferson Avenue Garage, Box 900 Garage and the San Mateo County Garage will not be accessible during the parade. The parking lot behind the post office will also be blocked off. Parking is free for on-street parking spaces and in the surface parking lots. There is a cost to park in the parking garages. A map of Downtown Redwood City parking is available here. The public is encouraged to take public transportation to the event; the Caltrain station is in downtown Redwood City.
The 4th of July fireworks will be launched from the Port of Redwood City!
This wonderful show is brought to the community by Redwood City with sponsorship by Sims Metal Management, County Consumer Plumbing Service & Repair Group, Recology and the Port of Redwood City.
- Live music will begin at 7pm. Band is Blue- Coastside Cool
- There will be food trucks on hand from 5-9 p.m.
Hongry Kong / WoKitchen, Cochinita, Curveball, Los Tolucas, Sam's Chowder Mobile - seafood
- The Redwood City Channel will be closed to all water traffic from 9 to 10 p.m.
- The fireworks extravaganza will start at approximately 9:30 p.m.
- The fireworks can be seen from areas where there is a clear view of the skies above the Port, and can also be seen from high points all over the Peninsula.
- For those coming to the Port, early arrival is highly recommended! This area is mostly private property with very limited public parking.
- The Port is providing a public viewing area along the waterfront off of Seaport Court. Once all of the very limited public parking spaces are filled, Seaport Boulevard will be closed to all vehicle traffic at the intersection of Seaport/Blomquist. Once the intersection has been closed, no vehicle access to the Port area will be available. This traffic control restriction could occur as early as 7:30 p.m. – so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Alcohol is prohibited on-site at the fireworks show, and personal fireworks are illegal at all times in Redwood City.
- There will be porta-potties on site.
- No BBQs
- Please do not bring your pets. Pets, particularly dogs, have very sensitive ears and the booms and bangs associated with a fireworks display can be quite uncomfortable. Leave pets at home if you are planning to attend a fireworks show. Also, leave a radio or TV on at home to help keep your pets calm in case illegal fireworks are used in your neighborhood.
- Be sure to bring a blanket!
Thank You to Our Generous 4th of July Fireworks Sponsors!